Compliance / Safety Manager at South African Bulk Terminals (PTY) LTD
South African Bulk Terminals (Pty) Ltd is currently ready to employ a Safety Manager with an eye for detail to identify health and safety law violations and create a plan to avoid breaking these laws in the future. The Safety Manager is also responsible for educating staff about the health and safety protocols in the workplace.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for continuously assessing the risks to the sustainability of the organisation and to ensure that mitigation measures/plans are in place to reduce or eliminate these risks. The incumbent will also need to ensure that the organisation complies with all its regulatory and other statutory business commitments/requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Execute any other responsibility that is legal and lawful and is in the best interest of the Company
- Submit monthly management reports as per business requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Chair quarterly management risk meetings/safety meetings.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Attend quarterly Bidvest Freight Risk Meetings
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Provide technical support to all internal customers as and when required
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Preference will be given to individuals with a degree in or which includes the following fields:
- Risk Management
- Corporate Governance
- Any professional certification in the field of Risk Management and/or Compliance will be advantageous
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within the Risk Management and/or Compliance field of which at least 5 years should have been in a management role
- Good understanding of SHEQ systems (ISO45001, ISO14001 & ISO9001)
- Experience in the transport/bulk industry would be advantageous
- Good understanding of industry applicable regulations & legislation (Bulk grain Handling & Storage Industry)
- Experience in dealing with external stakeholders
Mode of Application
Closing Date : 19 February 2021
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Should you not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. The Management of South African Bulk Terminals (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to retract this vacancy or amend the number of people required at all times.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Opportunities You Might Like:
- Spar Stores is Currently Looking for Cashiers, Packers & Cleaners
- Senior Legal Counsel – Scatec Solar Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Sales Engineer HV and Large Motor – Zest WEG Electric (PTY) LTD
- Sales Representative – PTL Products
- Cleaners Needed at Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa
- Junior Bookkeeper at Rainmaker Acquisiton CC
- Marketing Manager Vacancy at RS Personnel (PTY) Ltd
- Service Advisor (Automotive) at Puzzle Placements (Pty) Ltd
- Financial Manager at NTP Radioisotopes SOC Ltd
- Deputy Accounting Manager at Elchemie Pty Ltd
- Quality Manager at Communicate Recruitment: Engineering
Note: Never pay money for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter. Report any such requests to Afrisat.pw.