Source and buy product in support of the Category and Food Strategies, through effective supplier, team and profit management to achieve all KPI’s.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Review internal Woolworths’ performance data (sales, profit, market share, market size, etc.) for the department and make comparisons against competition ito range, price, promotions and product development
- Identify and prioritise the key commercial strategies and accompanying quantifiable goals and KPI’s for the department in line with category operating plan
- Ensure internal and external colleagues understand and work to deliver the department category plan
- Review department performance versus Department Scorecards on a regular basis and inform key stakeholders
- Manage financial accountabilities; margins (including strategic buy-in opportunities in consultation with Merchandise Planning), incentives, settlement discounts, departmental charges, sample account etc.
- Negotiate price, promotional price and new lines, taking into account price tiering / product positioning and financial targets
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Relevant commercial degree / diploma
- Minimum of 3-5 years retail buying experience.
- Proven experience in managing a Foods/FMCG department
- Proven sourcing and supplier management experience
- Proven ability to provide tactical input and deliver the category operating plan.
- Strong integrator and the ability to work in a matrix structure
- Strong negotiation and financial management skills
- Proven ability to deliver the following category KPIs (i.e. market share, sales growth, margin, ROS, availability)
- Management / leadership skills
- Understanding of Supply Chain processes and principles
- In depth understanding and application of Woolworths’ quality standards
Mode of Application
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to apply: Interested and qualified? BUYER at Woolworths
Note: Never pay money for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter. Report any such requests to Afrisat.pw.
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!