Jobs Careers Education
Zest WEG Electric (PTY) LTD is currently in search for a tech-savvy Sales Engineer so as to assist the said company with the selling of complex scientific and technological products or services. The Sales Engineer’s responsibilities include maintaining an extensive knowledge of the products’ parts, functions, and processes and assisting to close sales where technical expertise may be required to fit the clients’ needs.
The main purpose of this position is twofold:
- To negotiate technical orders for HV and LV large electric motors from frame size 450 and bigger.
- To support the sales team in order to negotiate orders for large motor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively promoting the sales of large electric motors to existing and new customers.
- Assess the market and devise strategies in conjunction with the Sales Manager for growing market share, penetrating new market segments where applicable.
- Prospect target customers by visiting them, gathering vital data and building relationships with key-decision makers.
- Obtain information on competitors and their business strategies for selling large electric motors.
- To be an expert in “Drop in Replacements” offerings including of measuring of existing motors.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers and consultants that can influence the success of large electric motors sales.
- Assist Proposals department with technical queries and clarifications.
- Follow up on quotes and proposals to ensure customer acceptance.
- Provides fellow sales colleagues with specialist advice, knowledge sharing and coaching to enable colleagues to sell large electric motors.
- Develop and pursue aggressive sales and business development strategies to ensure growth.
- Liaise with the various departments within WEG to understand capabilities and keep abreast with any new technologies or solutions being developed.
- Communicate relevant information to colleagues concerning new products and product developments within the WEG large electric motor divisions.
- Assist with product launches, technical presentations and trade shows.
- Attend regular sales meetings.
- To actively participate in factory acceptance testing with key customers.
- Provide monthly feedback to WEG for “Hot” sales opportunities.
- Maintain an updated customer data base for CRM initiatives.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A legal driver’s licence.
- A valid passport.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, including formal communications and making presentations.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Must be a self-motivated, energetic person with both strong people skills and organisational ability.
- A sense of urgency with a strong customer service orientation.
- Willingness and freedom to travel extensively, including overnight stays away from home.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Be able to negotiate and close deals.
Opportunities You Might Like:
- Administrative Officer – Alpha Labour Solutions Pty Ltd
- Sales Administrator – Unique Personnel
- Pharmacy Manager – Ntice Sourcing Solutions
- Store Manager – Coricraft Group Pty Ltd
- Data Analyst – Corporate Careers
Mode of Application
NB: Please note that we strive to provide feedback to every candidate application, however should you not hear from us within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. Also note that only applications through the Pnet portal will be considered.
Zest WEG Electric (PTY) LTD
47 Galaxy Ave, Linbro Business Park, 2065 Johannesburg, South Africa